CPU did n't give the output,Istack message enclosed

kareemmm

Now we are facing a problem that our S5-115U is not working proper Last time we have a power failure in our plant and when restart the plant I saw in the plc message that battery low. I replaced the battery and energize plc. But it didn't give the out put. So I reload the program again but I can't cold start the plc, Then I use the trouble shoot using our SIEMENS FIELD PROGRAMMER and the following are the ISTACK messages I request pls. give the solution and what may the problem

SIEMENS SIMATIC S5 PS 3A 115U CPU 942B DIGITAL INPUT

32 X DC 24V 3CARDS

DIGITAL OUTPUT

32 X DC 24V 4CARDS

Image1451.jpg

img]http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/uploads/Image1452.jpg[/img]

img]http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/uploads/Image1453.jpg[/img]

Image1454.jpg

I Have a question to you, what is the status of your PLC upon replacing the battery? What is the status of the LED in the CPU?

Give us some detail regarding the problem! o_O

Regards

Sherwin

kareemmm said:
Yes and I try to RUN PLC thru PG but the message is cold sutart is not possible

try to put the switch in the unit( PLC ) to stop mode then return the switch to run mode. The green light should lit as run.

have u done overall reset of the CPU?
DO the overall reset and then reload the program...

The procedure is as follows:
Switch on the power supply module

Set the CPU mode selector to STOP (ST)
Set the switch for "Default/Overall Reset" to the "OR" position and hold it in this position.
While you hold down the switch for "Default/Overall Reset" in the "OR" position:
Switch the CPU mode selector twice from "ST" to "RN".
The STOP LED will momentarily go off.
Release the switch for "Default/Overall Reset".
The switch automatically springs back to the "RE" position.
The internal program memory and any RAM submodule (plugged into the CPU 941/CPU 942) are now "overall reset". After Overall Reset, the CPU automatically tests your internal program memory; in the event of a fault, the STOP LED flickers.

rohan tandon said:
have u done overall reset of the CPU?
DO the overall reset and then reload the program...

The procedure is as follows:
Switch on the power supply module

Set the CPU mode selector to STOP (ST)​

Set the switch for "Default/Overall Reset" to the "OR" position and hold it in this position.​

While you hold down the switch for "Default/Overall Reset" in the "OR" position:​

Switch the CPU mode selector twice from "ST" to "RN".​

The STOP LED will momentarily go off.​

Release the switch for "Default/Overall Reset".​

The switch automatically springs back to the "RE" position.​

The internal program memory and any RAM submodule (plugged into the CPU 941/CPU 942) are now "overall reset". After Overall Reset, the CPU automatically tests your internal program memory; in the event of a fault, the STOP LED flickers.​

Take note of this! Check first if the program is still in the CPU, don`t overall reset the PLC if you don`t have a back-up copy of the program. Check the program and compare it to your back-up copy. Some time overall reset is not the best solution to your problem, just a piece of advice.:)

Regards

Sherwin

I have seen a similar problem. I had a card go bad on a S5 and went to stop. It happened on power up. I pulled each card one by one and tried ro go to run. When I came across the bad card, it went to run. I replaced the card and everything was fine.

kareemmm said:
Yes I done
and now it works proper
Many many thanks to Mr.Rohan,Sherwin,Maj.Toxido,Kev 77 and all the forum members
With regards
Kareem
[email protected]
+966502849897

Awww, I feel hard done by now, I just noticed this thread, you had another where you did not put the pictures in, the only reply from me and that was to do an overall reset... :whistle: