Create Alarm on panel view plus

ertech

Hi,I have a compactlogix plc connected to a Allen Bradley Panel view plus oit and I Need to create and alarm (communication Fault) when disconnect the Ethernet cable. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Does the panelview not alarm anyway when you disconnect the ethernet...? Or do you mean that you want your plc to register the fact that the panelview is no longer connected?

I need it is possible create and alarm on the oit when the Ethernet cable is disconnected .
Explain a bit more please. When you say "Alarm" - what do you expect to happen? Flash a light, sound a klaxon, write a message to memory?

As curlyandshemp above says, as long as you have events checked off under "System - Diagnostic List Setup", there is an incredibly annoying and unclearable message banner showing communications faults.

These are not alarms, exactly, but system messages. You cannot signal their state back to a PLC device, but they will show up on the display, and can be printed out.