Crimson 3.0 comms with micrologix 1400

yamangold

I have been using Crimson 2.0 for several years, communicating with various PLC's and devices. I decided to upgrade to the new Crimson 3.0 for our newer machines, and now it seems that I can no longer communicate with an AB micrologix 1400. Just wondering if anyone has seen this working yet?? I have not tried any other PLC's yet...

Tech support will be getting a call 1st thing in the AM !!

What Comm port are you using? I have used C3 with a couple of ML1400 with no issues. Both times I used the RS 232 Comm port though.

I would suggest you check your port settings though. Compare it to what you have in your C2 Comm setup. The setup in C3 will be exactly the same.

Did you try C2 on the same hardware to confirm that everything is wired correctly? I'll get someone from our tech support team on this first thing tommorrow, but in the meantime, that would be a good thing to try.

Thanks guys for the reply's. Comms is ethernet so I am using the 'Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP driver'. I have been over the setup multiple times and everything appears to be the same.

Mike, yes I was using the same hardware to test 2.0 and 3.0. Its a G308A230. I contacted support this morning and talked with Jeremy, I am waiting to hear back at this point..

yamangold,

I have verified the connection works with your files and Crimson 3.0. I will give you a call so that we can talk about this further.

Thanks
Jeremy

OK an update to close out this thread and for future info. The problem was fixed by uninstalling and then reinstalling Crimson 3.0. Must have been some corrupt file or something, unfortunately there was no error generation to point me in that direction. Anyway thanks Jeremy for helping!