Crimson 3.0 on Data Station Plus with Banner Surecross Wireless Network

Quaz

Hello, my name is William, I am installing a Red Lion DSP in a commercial bakery that I am interning at. I am absolutely brand new to PLCs and am having some trouble.

My first goal is to simply use the DSP to track the on/off times of four machines. I have current transformers on each of the machines motor starters and have successfully gotten the data back to the DSP. I have created the tags and formatted them to display the amperages correctly, and have created flag tags to determine their "On" "Off" status, and have configured change of state alarms to log in the event log.

Here's my brick wall.

I want Crimson to be able to generate a report on a daily basis to be sent to the supervisors with only the instances of the machines changing their On/Off state, and I want each machine to be in it's own column. This way they can easily look at the document and be able to see which lines started late/early, had stops, took too long of lunch, etc., and also be able to graph the data using excel fairly easily. I only want the change of state so they don't have to scour a giant excel file to find each minute stop.

I am thinking that I will have to use the "Trigger" logging and set the "Log Enable" to normal working hours, but I am especially new to this language and don't know where to start. Also I don't know what the best system for a daily offload would be, I notice you can send alarms through email but don't know how to offload logs on a schedule through email.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
-William

Last edited:
Have you got the radio to talk to the DSP? Are you seeing data change in the DSP like you expect?

We have to start at the basic levem and then build from there.
To be honest I just skimmed over you post fast.

Yes, I have already gotten the SureCross Gateway to communicate with the DSP and have gotten the data I expect (save for one of the nodes seems to occasionally switch the polarity of the signal, I think it may be a physical problem), I am having trouble working with Crimson to generate the sort of reports I desire and get them to right people.

Look at the Event log. You can have it set to inly loom at certain tags and log on change of states.

I am aware, but I was hoping there was a way that I could set a log to only log change of state and have each machine in a separate column instead having them all register just as events so it was easier to read. Also I was wondering if Crimson has the ability to send the logs through email on a schedule.

You could write your own data logger in a program. It wouldn't be that bad. If you look at the excel sheet it would be ugly witb lots of gaps.
I would use the default logger and just sort the sheet by tag names. The tjme will follow the tag