Crimson RedLion On Tick

CurtisPratt

Can On Tick run more than one program?

Trying to call 2 different programs and it will not work.

When I try to put my 2nd program into my 1st program and just call the one program it does not work either. Individually on their own they get work but when I try to call both or combine both programs, cannot get it to run.

Can On Tick run more than one program?

Trying to call 2 different programs and it will not work.

When I try to put my 2nd program into my 1st program and just call the one program it does not work either. Individually on their own they get work but when I try to call both or combine both programs, cannot get it to run.

There are other ways, but I just testing creating two programs and calling them on "OnTick" like this:

Program1(),Program2()

Notice the comma between them.

It depends whether the program(s) are blocking and whether they try to talk to IO. You can possibly get around your problem by modifying the program properties: a background task will not be blocking. And the 'Run Anyway' can help here too. If talking to IO (a PLC), it can appear to be hung but is actually just waiting for communication to the PLC.

It depends whether the program(s) are blocking and whether they try to talk to IO. You can possibly get around your problem by modifying the program properties: a background task will not be blocking. And the 'Run Anyway' can help here too. If talking to IO (a PLC), it can appear to be hung but is actually just waiting for communication to the PLC.

All of what you say is true, but since the OP just said, "it doesn't work" I decided to answer with "yes it will"

If he wants a better answer, he should ask a better question.