Curious if ayone has ever calibrated a PLC5 Analog input module

1) I'm not sure it's the AI that might be out of calibration. What was the source that was used?
As I said when I started, 20mA input gives 4200. 0mA input gives -17. Even if the source was not calibrated the in series Fluke meter read the same mA value. The value should have been much closer.

2) I'm not very clear how a 12 bit board whose A/D does 4096 counts is supposed to cover a 0-5,000 count span.

Through internal multiplication. Same as you would do in a rung of logic. Same way it works for lesser values.

Check and double check the jumper positions on the card. If possible post your program and tell us which slot the card is in. Maybe someone can spot something with the configuration. ( The .RSP file zip it first)

Similar Topics

I have a client who periodically experiences network communication issues. Sometimes when I VPN into the site, their SCADA systems will flash comm...
Replies
Views
I'm focusing on Rockwell programming for a couple of projects, and I've been thinking about some of the details I've come across while working...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I was starting to get into a new project (that will probably never see the light of day because $$$) at the plant I work in and...
Replies
Views
Just curious, Have you noticed how the Honeywell C200 and the A-B Controllogix look alike? Are this two related somehow? Are they compatible...
Replies
Views
Studio v31 FTV v10.01 Found the logic was acting backwards. so I switch the name plates on the three way "Control Mode" Right is the FactoryTalk...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom