Curious to know how do I replace faulty wago I/0 module

Saudi jamal

Hi guys,
I never worked with wago I/o remote module. In our plant we used 4 no of wago module. The old module is 750-341 and now we keept as spare 750-352 model.Now my question is if this module is fail. What I have to do? I have to program it or only fixed and set IP address.
Kindly clear my doubts please. Also I would like to know what difference between 750-341 model and 750-352 model.
Best regards.
Jamal.

you can interchange them, however the 352 has 2 ports, while the 341 only has 1 so put the address in and try.
341 is not available anymore (i have one as spare though.

Dear shooter,
Thanks for your suggestions but I would like to know how do I set IP address.kindly can you tell me please.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

Hi guys,
Kindly let me how do I set IP address for wago remote 750-352 I/0 module. I am reading wago manuals and I am trying to understand but it is much better to take some idea from experience people.
My m/c is running fine no problem only I getting preparation that if this fail how can replace successfully.
I hope someone will help me.
Kindly regards.
Jamal.

Hello Jamal

There is a program called “wago ethernet settings” and with this program you can modify your settings.

If you know the IP address of your existing 750-341 then you can also read the settings from that devices with your pc and this installed software tool.
Don’t know if you also have a serial cable from Wago?
If so you can connect directly without ethernet from your pc to the Wago device and do the settings before you start replacing equipment.
Wago ethernet settings software can be found at
http://global.wago.com/en/search/index.jsp?_ts=1483386039232&action=search&q=ethernet+settings&nav=top%2Fdocuments%2Fkategorieen%3Asearch_downloadsEn_label%C7%81f%2Fsearch_downloadsEn_label%2Fsoftware%C7%81search_downloadsEn_label%C7%81Software

The serial USB cable can be ordered as typenr 750-923 and there is one that has a length from 2,5 m and one that has a length of 5 m.
If you don,t have this cable I would advise you to order one.

Hope this is the Info you are looking for?

Kind regards
Henny

wagoethernet.jpg

Dear henny,
Thank you very much for your support.just now i have download wago ethernet setting software.it is ok. i also installed wago usb driver to my computers but sorry to say i could not see shortcut image in my desktop and still i am looking for this.
i dont have communication cable but with in one month we will purchase it.
now my one more question....is it not possible to set ip address through bootp dhcp server? if encase i am not able to manage wago communication cable then can i try to connect through ethernet cable with bootp software.
my m/c is running fine. i am just study about wago if it is fail then how do i replace it successfully.
thanks for your valuable time.
kindly regards.
jamal.

wago ethernet.jpg

I think the 750-341 can indeed be configured through BOOTP server.

It is getting harder to find one either in hardware or a working software alternative. If you have no hardware with built-in BOOTP server nor a software version, you may give the open source "Open DHCP Server" a try - it also does BOOTP. Windows firewall settings first thing to look into if it does not work.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dhcpserver/

(I have no personal experience using this software, so you are on your own in that respect)