Custom Data Monitors in RSLogix

In my case I need to view some of these in binary format and some in decimal in the same data file so that is why I was trying to use the cdm and not the data table itself.

In my case I need to view some of these in binary format and some in decimal in the same data file so that is why I was trying to use the cdm and not the data table itself.

You can open another data-table monitor window, use the scroll in the bottom left of one to set both windows to the same data-table, and set one of them to Binary radix, the other to Decimal radix

Last edited:
I've found with RS-5 that too many items monitored make the refresh sporadic. The data may not be accurate. It almost reminds me of when you get trigger happy and click "go online now" instead of "online". It mostly seems to affect the values not in view until you scroll. Closing and reopening updates it. If I need to toggle bits or reset a timer or counter for certain tasks, the CDM is handy.
I like the trend because I can specify the time span and set the pens and grid however I like. For digital, I like to set the Max for 1.1 instead of 1 and the min to .9 It helps seperate it from the tag above or below if that tag is at 0 when this is at 1. The scan update can also be changed.

Gentlemen

Thank you all for your help and replys to my question. This has been very educational and will be a very useful tool for my arsenal.

Thanks