cutler hammer d50 inputs not responding

I have a couple of these d50 plc's and tried testing them. I jumpered the 24v common to the common input line and then the 24v + to the input 0,1,2 & 3 all one at a time. No response indicated on the input leds. Am I missing something? I also swapped polarity but no change.

The green run light works, the 24v power is good also.

D50CRA14 is the model number. It has an onboard 24v power for the inputs with commons to 2 groups of 4 inputs, 6 relay outputs. Cutler Hammer D50 Series. It appears to be a rebranded Samsung SPC-10. Thanks Arnie

no such thing as a silly question

yes, but good to ask. What is odd is I have two of these, they are both used from an ebay seller. Power supplies read a good solid 24v. I get the run (green) led when placed in the run mode, I get a flashing green led when placed in the stop mode.
But neither one lights up the input led when testing the inputs.

I also noticed when I first apply power all the input leds momentarily flash, so the leds themself do work.

I haven't worked with these before but have used 3 or 4 other plc's that it seemed like a no brainer.

that was it

Now I feel dumb, you called it. It was 120v inputs. I made the assumption that the 24v on the unit was for the inputs but after looking at the model number it is indeed 120v inputs.

Thanks for the help.

Now all I need to do is figure how to get my communications working for it. I found several resources on this forum and tried them all, funny none of them agree on the cable pinout to connect to it. I am using a generic rs485 converter and serial port rs232, tried straight through cable, several versions of null modem with handshaking, partial handshake, no handshake etc.
The manual doesn't have much for solutions.

Don't feel dumb, many people have fallen for that like ordering the wrong controller for power or input/output type even contactors i.e. getting 24v ones mixed up with 240 (spectacular fireworks on occasions).
found this on the web
db9male db9female for 232 cable to 485 converter it may help
pin2 to pin3
pin3 to pin2
pin5 to pin5
pin4,7 pin4,8

ok thanks for finding that cable data,

Tried that cable configuration with my generic converter but no go.
Made a patch board with db9 m & f connectors so I can try any variety of cable configuration possible.

I ordered a 232-485 converter the d50cmp485 pn thinking my generic converter is not going to work.

I think pins 4&7 on male connected together & pins 4&8 same but no connection between male & female on pins 4/7 & 4/8 so they are tying DSR to CTS on male & DSR to RTS on female so only 2,3,5 required from male to female

That makes sense so I satisfies the handshaking lines. Software must do the flow control then. As soon as the CH 485 converter comes I will try this out.
I will let you know how it goes.

Arnie