Danfoss FC102 VLT - Auto Mode on Power Up

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Got a Danfoss FC102 VLT drive which reverts to Off mode whenever I cycle power to it. I'm controlling it over ethernet from a Control Logix PLC, and it obviously won't respond to any control signals until it's switched to Auto On mode, but requiring someone to press the Auto On button on the keypad at power up is obviously not a practical solution. I'm sure it's possible to have this drive to remain in Auto On mode through a power cycle - I've seen these drives used with Ethernet/IP on other projects before and there was no such behaviour - but I can't find any parameter that controls the startup mode.

Anyone come across this before?

We don't have a link there - and all the digital input parameters are set to "no operation".

To clarify - once I press the Auto On button, the drive can be started and stopped normally from the PLC. There are no hardwired interlocks preventing me from *running*, it's just that the drive reverts to "off" mode and needs to be put back in "auto" mode before it'll respond to those commands. Like a local-off-remote switch, where in local you can control the drive from the keypad, in remote it's controlled by external signals, and in off it doesn't run at all. Except my switch keeps defaulting to "off" after a power cycle.