danfoss with profinet and S7-1200

Patrix

Hi all,

I'm trying to get connection with 2 danfoss drives FC300 with profinet module MCA 120 and a S7-1200 1215c. I loaded the gsdml file in TIA portal. The hardware is shown in the catalog. drag and dropped that in network view and drag and dropped ppo type 6 in the drive slot, like it shows in the manual from Danfoss.

When i power up the drives, i get a fieldbus warning W34 and i can't reset this warning or make it disapear when setting up parameters like in the manual. Anyone here ever encounter this problem to...

And another question, what are the difrence between PPO type 1, type 2, etc
I cant find a explanation in the manual. i found a example on the siemens forum but in this explanation they use there own distributed I/O thingy.

Thanx in advantage

Hi Patrix!

In the Profinet Manual from Danfoss in chapter 6.1 "PPO Types" (page 23) there is a description of the PPO types supported by the MCA120 module.

As for W34, it will stay active until you have succesgully established communication with the PLC.

My Approach is:

Par. 12-00 IP Address Assignment: "DCP"
Par. 12-08 Host Name: "FC302-1" (needs to be writen over the display)

I let the PLC handle the IP address (as I understand it Profinet does not actually use IP addresses, they are there but not used'ish). On the FC302 Device view under PROFINET interface X1, I have "Set IP ADDress in the Project" marked.

Is there a way to attach zip files larger than 400 kB? My sample program is a little bigger than 2MB.

Best regards,

Michal_dk

Thanks for your answers Michal_dk,

You where correct. after naming the drives manually the warning dissapears and the plc can communicate with them. And i found the explaination of the ppo. Typical case of asking before looking :oops:

Thank you for your help.

Hi guys

I am having the same issue with a danfoss FC280, I have correct gsd file etc set up but can not get plc and vsd to communicate with each other. Any advice?
Thanks

In this guide there is described how to setup Profinet with a Siemens PLC:
https://files.danfoss.com/download/Drives/MG06G102.pdf

If you cannot get it to work by using the guide, then what error messages do you get in both sides of the system ?

edit: I just now notice that the guide is for FC360 and not FC280. Hope the guide will still be helpful.
If not, contact Danfoss to get the proper guide or manuals.

Thanks I have been going through the correct manual but it I am still getting error w34 on the drive and plc goes into error as it is unable to communicate with the drive

screenshots?
hardware config... address... drive block...

if I had to swag, I would say your using the I or Q address instead of the HW ID

Last edited:
Sorted now, I did not know how to name the drive from TIA but I figured it out now, In the device and network view there’s an icon and that let me download name and IP address to the vsd.

Last edited: