data from xc201 (Moeller) to PC

BernhardQ

Hello

I try to write data from the xc201 to a via ethernet connected PC. But i not get a file on the PC. Any solutions?

regards

Bernhard

The usual method to get data out of the PLC would be using OPC. You would write a vb program or such that would link to an OPC server running on the PC. The OPC server takes care of asking the PLC for the intormation you need.

Hello norm

Thank you for your answer. But opc dit not realy good work on this plc:-(. I need a solution without opc.

regards bernhard

We have used it successfully but I was not the one that did it. I know understanding how to make the Symbol file and knowing where to put it so the OPC Server can access it is key but I don't know the details.

Are you trying to use a specific protocol to get the information from the PLC? I have used the Modbus/TCP blocks in the PLC to communicate with an HMI. If you have Modbus libraries for your PC programmign platform you could use that.

You might try posting at:
http://forum-en.3s-software.com/
Where they only focus is CoDeSys or at:
http://forums.mrplc.com/
Where they have a dedicated CoDeSys category.

BernhardQ:

Prior commenting further, first it is needed to clarify a couple of things.
First, you try to share data over ethernet. You need to use a communication protocol (ModbusTCP or so) or as open standard (OPC or NetDDE) as ndzied1 explained. Your other computer should be able to "talk" this protocol.
Second, you try to somehow either save or log this data, to a file. Again there are several ways of doing this, either using VB, Excel,(with some programming) or using a logging software (I seen this in AutomationDirect ).

My guess is your controller is capable to share data. Look for libraries for that. Once you know what protocol you may use, continue on the second item, on "how to" save this data onto a file.

Best regards

Hello plclatin

plclatin said:
First, you try to share data over ethernet. You need to use a communication protocol (ModbusTCP or so) or as open standard (OPC or NetDDE) as ndzied1 explained.

At the moment i try some OPC-Clients

plclatin said:
Your other computer should be able to "talk" this protocol.
I have the OPC-Clients on the PC

plclatin said:
Second, you try to somehow either save or log this data, to a file. Again there are several ways of doing this, either using VB, Excel,(with some programming) or using a logging software (I seen this in AutomationDirect ).
VB and Excel dont work good there a too many Data. I try to use MySQL.
Which logging Software was described in AutomationDirect?

plclatin said:
My guess is your controller is capable to share data. Look for libraries for that. Once you know what protocol you may use, continue on the second item, on "how to" save this data onto a file.

I'm at this Point at the moment. I will use OPC.
The "how to" save this data on a file is my problem.

best regards

Bernhard

BernhardQ:

Go to Automation Direct web site and browse in software. The look for DataNet OPC Web-based Data Monitoring Software.

I feel you are on your way to solve it.

Regards/mit freundlichen grussen