Data Logging Question

dhuggins88

Hello all, I have a question about Data Logging with a PV+1000 and L33ER processor. What is the most elegant way to log data so that I can view it on the HMI within my application. I need to log values about every 5 minutes and also record whenever a set point (high temperature or of the like) is changed.

I currently achieve this through the most painstaking way imaginable. I basically have a store to timer that fires off a long list of latch, unlatch, and synchronous copies storing them into arrays. I then read these as being on or off and as numeric displays. So basically a user presses a row increment button that will increment the row number which then brings in the next set of data.

This does work but it is so painstaking. I have recently modularized my code and made it to where I can just pull in pieces from a database I have created. The amount of time this has saved me is unbelievable. The last thing left to tackle is Data Logging.

I am trying to just give the Operator some useful historical data so that he can maybe foresee arising problems or just look back at say a couple days ago and see the status of his system. However there has to be a more elegant way than the approach I'm using.

I have looked at event tasks and see some likely uses for them but don't see them as being an overall solution for logging, only Alarms.

I am Logging:
Motor Status
System Status
Temps
Pressures
Set value changes