Data logging/retrieval software

MikeT82

Does anybody know of a small scale data logging/retrieval software package out there for under $1000? I mean OPC <--> [Software package] <--> SQL database. There's a lot of plain data logging programs, some versatile large ones ($5-10K). Is there anything in between? What do you all use?

FactorySQL is exactly that. Unlimited tags/databases and works with whatever (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc). It is $1995 (list), though. It will also do other things such as alerting. Play with the free 2 hour trial if you're interested.

Last edited:
Not sure about what OPC Server you have or planning to use but Keepware has a pluggin to their OPC Server called Data Logger that lets you save values directly from the server to any ODBC-compliant database... List price for this one is $995.

http://www.kepware.com/Products/OPC_Data_Logger.html

Or if you are skilled in any .net language your could easily write your own custom client/logger with the Keepware ClientAce .Net API (I have used this API and I must say that it works great)...

http://www.kepware.com/Products/OPC_ClientAce.html

Both Server, Datalogger and client ace are available as demo (2 hours)...

Regards