Data socket create issue

jonfarrugia

I am using an L33ERM controller. I have Port 1 of the controller connected to a network that contains a printer at 100.100.100.35. I am trying to create, open, write, and then read information with the use of a data socket.

I am having problems right off the bat trying to get the socket create to work without errors. I am using a path of 2,100.100.100.35. Is this correct? I have also tried 1,100.100.100.35. Both have returned errors of 204 and 311.

Do i need to put the port number in while using the create socket?

Any help would be appreciated.

Describe in detail the fields you have entered into the MSG instruction.

One important principle it took me a while to grasp is that all of the Socket instructions are aimed at the Socket Object in the EtherNet/IP module, rather than at the remote device on Ethernet.

The IP address of the remote device is an argument passed to the MSG instruction, rather than part of the CIP Path like it is with ordinary ControlLogix messaging.

Do you have the socket programming guide for ControlLogix ? It's the indispensable reference:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/at/enet-at002_-en-p.pdf

All compactlogix socket messages will have path 1,0

IP address is a part of UDT.

again, do not guess there are many socket samples that posted in the kowledgebase - did you look?