Datas from OPC server to Intouch

Hi,
I have some problems while getting datas from OPC server. I followed the same procedure that has been given in Help file.
I am using Demo version of KepserverEx as OPC server.I have created a Topic name and Access name and created an Intouch tag. But when I go for Intouch runtime I have getting error cannot access the topic name with Access name. Also I get cannot start the application even though I have given the OPC name.
Can I get a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance
Sebastian C

Sebastian, typicaly people using KepserverEX with incouth use Suitelink to connect to it. In the server if you go to File|Project properties you should see a FastDDE/Suitlink tab. Make sure that it is enabled. You will see that the application name we provide for FastDDE/Suitelink is "server_runtime", that is what you will use in your access name. It is a local connections so you can leave the nodename blank.

Once that is set then you need to be able to spcify a topic in the server we create a global topic of "_DDEDATA". If you use this topic you will have to use the fully qualified item name of each item in you Intouch tag name reference. i.e. <Channel Name>.<Device Name>.<Tag Name>.

You can also create your own topics using the alias map. This is explained in detail in the server helpfile which is alwo the User manual.

You can also contact kepware technical support for help as well.