DB9 Hood Right Angle (compact)

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I ordered some hoods (backshells) for a DB9 cable that needs a tight right angle and when they arrived, they turned out to be a very poor fit. They are over 1-1/2" long and have a 45 degree cable exit... I only have about an inch maximum.

Does anyone know of a supplier or a part number I can order for a Sub-D 9 pin connector hood that is compact?

I need the thing to be less than an inch from the connector edge to the back of the hood and have a right angle cable exit.

I have searched the web until I am going cross-eyed, but haven't found anything that is a for sure fit. I have bought some cheap plastic clamshell style hoods in the past that would have worked, but I can't remember where I got them.

Thanks
Paul

I ordered some hoods (backshells) for a DB9 cable that needs a tight right angle and when they arrived, they turned out to be a very poor fit. They are over 1-1/2" long and have a 45 degree cable exit... I only have about an inch maximum.

Does anyone know of a supplier or a part number I can order for a Sub-D 9 pin connector hood that is compact?

I need the thing to be less than an inch from the connector edge to the back of the hood and have a right angle cable exit.

I have searched the web until I am going cross-eyed, but haven't found anything that is a for sure fit. I have bought some cheap plastic clamshell style hoods in the past that would have worked, but I can't remember where I got them.

Thanks
Paul
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=8658
use this an a straight radio shack dB9 for your caable.

If this works for you, you must thank Bernie for the link!!!

Actually I remember that. While I didn't use the L-Com adapters in that particular instance (they had to redesign the enclosure for some other reason that I forget) the company came in hand later for some other adapters. They have literally everything. (Instead of figuratively everything)

I also was looking for a low-profile right angle DB9 hood, and recently found a good solution that I thought I'd post in case anyone's interested. Allied P/N 810-0075 works great for my application (a Red Lion G306K) and protrudes exactly 1 inch. I also drilled a hole in the side so that I could use two of the cable conductors to power the unit.

g306k.jpg