Dcs800

rigsha97

We have a 600HP DCS800 drive that has a load side contactor. Occasionally after an e-stop fault the drive will not reset.(102 Off3ViaDI) We have to bring the load side contactor in so it can see the motor, then the fault will reset. My question is, do we need a load side contactor to begin with. I do not know why it is installed. Thanks!

The load side contactor is probably part of the safety circuit to gain a higher performance level. Most of the servo drives and VFDs I've seen with a safe-torque-off feature can get to a category 3 architecture with just their STO circuit but can get to category 4 by adding a load side contactor. Like widelto said, I would leave it alone and consider that the cost of hitting an e-stop, which should be a rare enough occurrence to note be a huge deal. If they're stopping the machine with an e-stop regularly, something is wrong and needs to be changed.