Decimal Value

betamax6 said:
Can I store a decimal value in a PLC Data Memory? How? Thanks...
Hello betamax6,
Yes you can.
Do you want to do this manually (Input the data yourself; for use within the program later), or write to a memory area using the program?
Manually - Open the Memory Component in the Project Workspace.
Double click DM (This is retained Data Memory - word addressable only).
Select an address, then right click - "Fill Data Area...".
Enter your value, select "Decimal" radio button.
Select the required "Fill Range"
Click "Fill".
Close Memory Component - you will be prompted to save the changes within the project.
Click "Yes"
The next time you open the memory component, your data should still be there.
Program - Use something like the MOV instruction to write your value to the required address.

Hope this helps...

(Please don't reply saying you are using Syswin :oops: )

I will be extracting measurement data from a certain device through serial communication(RS-232). Anticipated values will be 5-digit decimal numbers. I need these data as bases for a comparison stage. Is this possible? How do I do it? Thanks again...