Deinitialize a Function(); in TWINCAT 3

Sohaib28

Hello:
I am working on TwinCAT 3. I have a variable 'Allow_Control'. Whenever this variable is 'TRUE' I want the Function FCN_ON_ACSwitch(); to run otherwise when it is FALSE I don't want the function to run. It looks like this statement is not working.

If Allow_Control=TRUE THEN FCN_ON_ACSwitch();
ELSE NOT FCN_ON_ACSwitch();
END_IF.

And what happens when I am using a program instead of a function. As Operational(); is my another program and COM(); is my MAIN program. I am running Operational(); in COM(). If Allow_Control is 'TRUE' I also want Operational(); to run otherwise it should not run from COM. Please have a look at the attachments.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unbenannt1.PNG Unbenannt2.PNG Unbenannt21.PNG

Is anything else working? Are you sure it is in run mode? Declare a new variable MyDint as dint and add this to your Com routine:

MyDint = MyDint + 1

You should see the value changing every scan.

Yes Everything else is working fine. But the main problem is this statement

If Allow_Control=TRUE THEN FCN_ON_ACSwitch();
ELSE NOT FCN_ON_ACSwitch();
END_IF.

This is not running. I only want this function to run when my variable Allow_Control is TRUE else the function should not run.

Delete the second line and see if that helps.
You can't "NOT" a function.
If your variable is true, it will call the function, if it's false it will not.

Last edited: