"Delete Unused Memory"

Chado613

I have a SLC 5/05 and I am reuire more space...I have never used the Delete Unused Memory command before but I think I heard before that it can cause problems if there is indirect addressing or something along those lines?

Can anyone provide insight on this??

Thanks

Yes, it could be a potential problem.
Before using the Delete Unused Memory function, you should check all the occurences of indirect and indexed addressing in the program. Also, an attached HMI may get confused if it has configured tags that becomes unadressable. This can happen if some addresses have been reserved but never been used for real.

Before deleting unused memory in a program, try "Tools, Database, Delete Unused Addr." Then do "Tools, Database, Rebuild DB". This might free up enough memory to get you by - for awhile.