Deleting an Add-on Instruction RSLogix5000 V16.00.00

I know I'm playing necromancer as well, but heresgeo nailed it. I'm newer to Rockwell and newer still to AOIs, and I didn't know the "trick" to finding all the cross references for AOIs. All the previous posts only got me part of the way because I didn't know about the Add-On-Defined references.

If the "Cross Reference" to the Add-On-Instruction shows no references, but you still cannot delete it, look under "Data Types", "Add-On_Defined". You should see the name of the AOI. Right click that and select "Cross Reference". This will show you where the data type of the AOI is being Aliased. Get rid of that tag and then you will be able to delete the AOI.

Thanks for the write up heresgeo, but even a cross reference shows zero use of the AOI, yet I cannot delete it still. theColonel26 finalized the answer, definitely has to be offline to delete, then download to controller.

Last edited: