Design decision for modbus integration.

Common enough

Usually it is designed out by only having one communications link
ie Master direct to the Xbee slave
When there are multiple smart hops to the final slave typically each hop uses different addresses and the final slave is smart enough to receive commands on one register and send status from another

Another method is where each message has a unique ID that assists in knowing what is happening on the communications at both ends

Last edited:
Thanks Michael

Zigbee doesn't support Modbus and adding an extra protocol layer over the serial line is probably overkill. Using two sets of registers - one to read and one to write - will work completely fine. These guys use just the one set - Zigsense.com.au - so have overcome the issue somehow.

Similar Topics

Hi, I want to build a demo station to test devices and programs and I need some help with it. I want to connect GuardLogix, Piltzmulti and...
Replies
Views
I've run into a non-plc issue that is proving hard to solve. I'm designing a mechanical device that has a base/foundation that must satisfy the...
Replies
Views
I’m currently starting a brand new design with a compactLogix controller and a panel view 700. I’ve completed similar projects from start to...
Replies
Views
What's a good place to start for learning electrical design? I am always the end user so I can follow along machine schematics, etc. but I want to...
Replies
Views
Dear, I am wanted to design the marble cutter machine on HMI. The issue is how to show the movement of round blade reverse and forward...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom