designing a PLC test system

classicgti

Hello All

I'm looking for some help and advise on designing a conveyor test system to allow the user to use different PLC platforms, I have an SLC504, S5 and S7 system which I plan to wire up to control the test system.
Preliminary plan is to have 3 independent conveyors, one fix speed and 2 variable speeds which I want to drive using AO, either 4-20mA or 0-10v.
I'm looking for a method of "kicking" boxes dependent on sensors and I'm looking at designing a small servo driven pick and place robot that can stack the boxes.

I realise there is a lot of info here!! What I need help with is locating the parts for reasonable money and what else I could use

Thanks in advance

The S5 is no-longer supported for years - keep away
The S7 is a range of PLCs Different software and connections used

What is your intention