DeviceNet Error 88 of 1747-SDN

sanger

Have you ever seen error code 88 on a 1747-SDN DeviceNet scanner?

Error 88:
Description:
The connection choices (polled, strobed) between the
primary connection and the shared input only connection do
not match.
Action:
Reconfigure the shared input-only connection's choices to
be the same as, or a subset of, the primary connection's
choices.

According to the documentation it is related to using shared inputs but we are only using a single scanner card. Nothing related to shared inputs in enabled. Tried a new 1747-SDN and known good configuration from a previous upload but same error. Scanning the network with the laptop shows all nodes healthy. With the PLC in program mode the 1747-SDN shows all nodes active but switching to run mode causes an immediate 88 error.

Is the "88" alternating with a specific node number ? If so, it could be the shared-input configuration error.

But because it appears when you go into RUN mode, it's very likely that the 1747-SDN is stuck in a reboot loop and that the "88" is just the 7-segment LED indicator test.

Carefully check the Output data table and your program for something that has set Word 00, Bit 07 of the Output image to 1.

That's the Reboot command bit, and if it's true (even if somebody just inadvertently turned it on with a keystroke) the 1747-SDN will behave the way you describe.