DeviceNet (1747-SDN) Flashing 63/75 Error Codes

hisaurabh

One of our running machine's DeviceNet Module (1747-SDN) had malfunctioned. So, we replaced it with a new one from spares.
We maintained the Switch settings and wiring as per old module.
But after power up, it continues to flash Error Codes: 63 and 75.
:confused:

I checked online and found that 63 corresponds to "Normal operation" and "Do nothing".

But 75 is for:
Description:
No network traffic at all has been detected. (Normal if no scan list.)
Action:
Create and download scan list.

I've a RS NetWorks Software with me. But never actually used it as the machines never ever had DeviceNet related issues. This is the first time.

I've used and familiar with RS Linx and RS Logix & Studio5000 but not RS NetWorks.

If it matters: We are using this DeviceNet module with SLC5/05 CPU and it connects to remote IOs taking some sensors (AI) and switch (DI) inputs.

Please help me solve this DeviceNet issue.
Thanks.

:site:

If you have the devicenet configuration file, it is a simple process to go online, then download the configuration to the devicenet scanner.

If you don't have the file, it can be a major job, as you will need to configure the mapping of the network and then download. So you need to match the mapping to what was used previously or the points will not match in your PLC.
So you will need to document the required mapping and then implement it.

If you have the devicenet configuration file, it is a simple process to go online, then download the configuration to the devicenet scanner.

If you don't have the file, it can be a major job, as you will need to configure the mapping of the network and then download. So you need to match the mapping to what was used previously or the points will not match in your PLC.
So you will need to document the required mapping and then implement it.
Thanks so much. :nodi:

I would talk with OEM to see if they have that DeviceNet configuration file.
Can you tell me its file extension type?

I already have two more identical machines where everything is working fine. Can I download this configuration file from there and upload it here through RS Networks ?

Also, any video tutorial or web link where going online steps are shown for Networks-DeviceNet configuration ?

DeviceNet node numbers are 0-63, so the error or status codes are all above that range. A DeviceNet scanner that comes new out of the box will be at Node 63, and will have an empty Scanlist (75).

You need the *.DNT file that contains the Scanlist and the configurations for all of the slave devices, and RSNetworx for DeviceNet software.

To download to a 1747-SDN, you generally need a DeviceNet interface like a serial 1770-KFD or a 1784-PCD card or a 1784-U2DN USB interface.

You *might* be able to download via the 1747-SDN Passthrough feature and driver in RSLinx Classic; you will have to look up which firmware revision supports that and how to set it up in the module configuration.

Ken's reply covers it pretty well. I have never had SLC passthrough work, so likely you will need to get a USB deviceNet interface, and connect it as a node on the network , then add module to RSLinx configuration so RSLinx can see the network, as Ken said.

Once RSLinx shows the network, then you will be able to go online with RSNetwox for DeviceNet.
You can then upload or download configuration from any nodes on the network.

If you have identical system running same program, then you could upload from that devicenet module, then download to the new one.