Devicenet- power cycle on VFD kicks several nodes off network

lftmx3

We have a devicenet consisting of 15 PF755 drives in a centerline MCC, and on a separate trunk cable coming off the scanner, a single PF525 in a separate cabinet. The scanner in use is a 1756-DNB. When power is turned off to the PF525, the scanner correctly shows E#78 and the node of that drive. When power is turned back on, we get E#78 on all 15 nodes in the MCC. Power must then be cycled to each bucket to get everything happy again.

I thought this may be caused by lack of terminating resistor on the MCC side of the network, as I did not locate any (there was one on the 525 however). Adding one to the far end of the MCC did not solve the problem.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

thumbnail_IMG-2668.jpg