DH+ to Controllogix setup

Dariusincj

I have many SLC504's on DH+ network. I have but a few Ethernet Compact/Controllogix PLC's that are on a separate network. I needed to read data from RSLinx OEM by going through DH+ into a Controllogix and back out to CompactLogix. I have a my DH+ going into a 1756-DHRIO Ch. A and a 1756-ENBT connected to the rest of my Control/CompactLogix PLC's. On the DHRIO card I'm getting CH A Config Fault on the display. Is there an easy way to set it up so I can read through it to the ENBT card? And other than setting the IP address on the ENBT card, is there anything else I need to do?
BTW, slot 0 and 1 are empty, slot 2 is my ENBT card and slot 3 is my DHRIO.

Last edited:
To confirm: your RSLinx Classic station is connected to the DH+ network only, using one of A-B's old DH+ modules like the 1784-PKTX ?

What revision of RSLinx Classic software do you have ?

In general, you will need to set up a routing table in the 1756-DHRIO module that allows the computer on the DH+ network to treat a device that's located on the Ethernet network as though it was located on a bridged DH+ network. That's very tricky to do, as it requires a good deal of configuration and knowledge about the various node numbers and link ID numbers on the DH+.

It would be a lot easier to connect RSLinx Classic directly to the Ethernet network.

You mentioned a configuration fault on the 1756-DHRIO. Does that mean this is the first time you've plugged it into the system and you don't have it performing other services yet ? Usually you see that status code when you've put a DHRIO into a new chassis and haven't set it up yet.

In addition to what Ken said...

See the manual below for the DHRIO, there are a few switches on it... you will need to set the Node Address, make sure its not being used by another node on the same network also Network Type, you have your choice of DH+ or RIO for both channels

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1756-in003_-en-p.pdf

You can also use RSLinx and configure the routing tables and slot location on the DHRIO, if this is a used module make sure you clear the settings ((Default)) the module, this should clear your fault

I'm using RSLinx OEM, I'm at the latest version. I have to connect RSLinx to the DH+ ch A port and then communicate through to the Ethernet port, that's the way the plant is wired and can't be changed. It was a used card so I guess I should go through and see default on the settings. The node will be 3, and I have the whenever port IP set already. There is no processor in this rack, just using this as a communication pass thru. Dont know anything about setting up routing tables.

Its easy to be setup, just make sure your node address is not used by another device and also make sure your IP address you are setting in the ENBT is not used, you dont need a processor in the rack, you just need a ENBT and DHRIO