Diagnostic with Siemens S7-300

liquid_ice

Heey everyone,

I am working whit a Siemens S7-300 and an OP7.

What i want to create is that the Siemens S7-300 does a sort of Diagnostic. In the diagnostic it looks what hardware is has (Digital/analog input, Digital/analog output e.g.). The recieved data from the dignostig must be displayed on the OP7.

I know already how to use an OP7, so if i have diagnostig info, i can let it be displayed. I also know that this Siemens manual explanes that SFC51 and 52 are for reading and writing diagnostics. The biggest question i have at this time is:
HOW do i get the info out of FSC51?

(it seems to have something to do with SSL or SZL, but how or what... i don't know)
maybe am i searching in a totaly wrong way, if someone has a different idea, please tell it also.

Last edited:
liquid_ice

Highlight the SFC51 block, press F1 to select help on this block, scroll down to the bottom of the help page and select 'Example for module diagnostics with the SFC51' then 'STL source file' for an example of how to use this block in OB82. Do the same for SFC52.

I have only used these blocks once before, a long time ago, so that is all the help I can be on this.

Maybe, now that this thread has been pushed back up to the top, someone like Daniel will see it and offer more help.

edit Or even Keith, as I see he is online now!

Paul