Difference Between STL and SCL

erdemsvri

Hi

I implemented a logging function in S7 STL and SCL both and both of them works as I wanted which is when I say log data, FC logs the number of data to a data block which has been created before.

My question is I used while loops in SCL to increase the index of the array in DB which helps me log the data.Does the CPU do all the logging in one cycle for SCL??

Generally if I implement a while or for loop in SCL or a use loop command in STL does the CPU finish the loops first or cycle???

Thanks

The CPU does it in one cycle...

Try FOR NEXT, 1000 times loop, and check the CPU cycle, it will be increased !!

So, watch out where you're going with loops !!

You can devide your loops so that the CPU is not slowed down too much.
It all depends how fast you want your result.

Hi

I implemented a logging function in S7 STL and SCL both and both of them works as I wanted which is when I say log data, FC logs the number of data to a data block which has been created before.

My question is I used while loops in SCL to increase the index of the array in DB which helps me log the data.Does the CPU do all the logging in one cycle for SCL??

Generally if I implement a while or for loop in SCL or a use loop command in STL does the CPU finish the loops first or cycle???

Thanks