Displaying data to a large hdmi television

scalelar

I have to bid on a project that displays some shift data on a 70" hdmi tv. I've seen these before but I've lived a sheltered life and haven't been involved. The plc will be AB Logix family. I know wonderware would do it but there has to be a more cost effective solution. Maybe just a web page via an Eweb card?
Any response appreciated.

I'm in the midst of research for a similar project at my plant. Right now, I'm leaning towards using one of these. Appears to be quite powerful, and relatively inexpensive.

This may sound a bit silly but the 12 and 15 inch versions of the AutomationDirect C-More now come with HDMI Out. They're probably cheaper than an EWEB Module and you wouldn't have to buy a PC for the TV.

I am doing something similar where my main display will be a 21" screen, but there need to be a larger (40+ inches) display overhead that shows just one status page.

My HMI software will be Indusoft Web Studio, and I'm going to make the remote monitor a cheap Windows PC that can run the Indusoft thin client.

The benefit of doing this instead of using a ProducTiVity Station or a standalone HMI is that I use the same development software for everything and only need to edit and maintain one runtime.

I have not implemented the whole thing, though, and I'm not certain of the resolution changes when I go from running a native thick client to running a larger thin client.

Ken, why not use a consumer TV in a custom enclosure, the enclosure built so you can swap in a new set, access the buttons, power and HDMI signal cable, and put it in required environment and keep it dry and cool. I have 100' HDMI cable I got for $40 that pushes 1080p to my projector just fine. If I were doing something like that, I would have to find a spot for the other connectivity advantages of Red Lion and use their Productivity Station for the big screen.

Last edited: