displaying trends on panel view plus

realolman

I would like to push a button on a panelview and have a trend screen appear that displays the past two minutes of something. The way it is now, when I push the button and display the screen, it BEGINS displaying at that point.

I thought maybe I could keep the trend displayed so small that it was barely visible until I pushed the button, and reduce it again when done looking at it but I don't know how to manipulate the size or other properties of objects on a screen

Factory talk ME ver 8 runtime version 5.1

thank you

Look at creating a data log of the tags you want to trend and then point the pens in the trend to the data log.

HTH

Well I don't know what you mean by creating a data log but I will look into it

thank you

Is there no way to manipulate the trend itself or the screen? The trend pretty much takes care of itself without having to mess with any kind of tags or anything

A Data Log Model allows the PV to log data. Then in the trend you can specify that you want the source to be tags in the Data Log Model.

Without the Data Log Model, you will get live data only with a limited buffer size. Once the trend is opened it will start plotting data. Not before then. Once the trend closes, the data is lost.

Trends are the whole reason for the Data Log function.

OG

In Machine Edition, look at the explorer tree on the side, towards the bottom you will see data log. You will see data log-->data log models. Right click on models, create new. You will see where to add tags and various options where to store data and frequency.

When your done and have your trend open, on the pens tab you will see a drop down menu for data log- you pick your appropriate data log you want to view with that trend.

Also, once the datalog has been created and or modified it will have to be stopped if running and restarted for the changes to be applied.

Hey thanks a lot... I guess that's what I was waiting for .... someone to spoon feed it to me.

thank you