DL205, GS-2 VFD and Modbus...

dginbuffalo

O boy- my pea brain is taxed right now... here's the issue i have a chiller that will only communicate when the parity is set to none and the stop bits are 1. my GS-2's only setting for no parity has 2 stop bits. how do i get everyone to communicate happily? is there something else i can do? I've only used Modbus 2 times so i'm still a bootcamper when it comes to this! I should mention that i am communicating out of a DL260 processor, port 2.

Last edited:
So i would have another Modbus port configured differently i assume? i am able to READ from the chiller when set with 2 stop bits, i just can't write. I may just read all the data to the touchscreen and tell them they have to walk 5 feet to hit the start button or change the setpoint...

Oh sorry, didn't realize that. Our only analogous situation was with a DL06 and we had to add the D0-DCM which can be a Modbus master. I guess I should check better.

no worries- this package has to ship on monday so i am gooing to read only from the chiller. Thanks for all the guidance. Maybe i'll retain a bit for the next project! ;-)

I don't know the DL205 all that well, but can you configure the PLC port from ladder logic by writing values to V memory? If so, you could configure it for 1 stop bit and read data from the chiller, then configure it for 2 stop bits and read the GS-2.

Of course, if you're writing run/stop command bits or you need to chnage the speed in a hurry, that might not be the best solution.

It's a C-more that i am talking to across the ethernet.
Steve- that's an excellent idea about changing config on the fly- i am not sure it is possible?