DNET scanner card

Oboy

I'm remotely connected to a customers PC right now trying to solve a problem. Earlier they thought they had a bad scanner card and replaced it. It ended up being a different firmware revision. Resolved that problem and they now have another card that won't communicate with the backplane. Keep getting an error saying connection request timed out. I had them put the old card back in and get the same thing. I don't see how it can be a configuration problem because we can't even talk to it yet. I hope it's not the rack. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Dale-

Make sure when you post a problem th at you include at least some basic information about your platform. I am assuming you are dealing with plc system since you mention the possibility of a backplane issue. I am also assuming that the system is a ControlLogix or CompactLogix system since you talk about a firmware revision issue that you could at least correct in a reasonable amount of time. However, these are guesses. Please confirm or deny these and we will see what we can come up with.

But as a first point, is the scanner scanlist configured? Are there any diagnostic LEDs/values displayed on the card?

Keith