DNet Scanner Mapping Question.....

JoseM

Can you guys explain to me how a 1747-SDN is mapped to work with an SLC 5/04.

On the pictures I posted, the number 1 shows the address N72:0/0 to be the "Run Forward" command to a VFD.

That VFD in question is the one that you see mapped on the RSNetworx configuration file as node # 1 on picture 2.

I'm confuse on how the memory data M0 and M1 correlates in this case to N72:0/0 which is an output to the VFD.

DeviceNet_Pic 1.jpg DeviceNet_Pic 2.jpg

I found where the "COPY" instructions is used to moved data between the SLC data registers and the 1747-SDN M0 and M1 Data tables.

Now, do I need to set the VFD parameters to tell the device when a bit value of 1, for example on M0:12.0/0 means a "Start Signal".

Jose,
Your second pic shows the INPUT tab of the Scanner's Scanlist memory mapping; since we are "talking" from within the PLC's vantage point, the four 16-bit words (8 Bytes) represent the data read by the SLC from the drive; usually the first word (16-bits) constitutes the STATUS of the drive (it is usually examined by the ladder logic at bit level) and the second word represents the SPEED FEEDBACK of the drive (examined at word level by the user application).
I do not know what type VFD we are looking at; it might be a device requiring 32-bit data format, in which case the first two words represent the 32-bit STATUS word and the last two the 32-bit REFERENCE or there is other data read from the drive via Data Links hence the INPUT Scanner Scanlist data slice has been increased; the VFD User Manual/DeviceNet Integration Manual should provide you with the data structure of the fieldbus communication buffer.
This really is elementary DeviceNet theory and you might want to study the Manuals links I have posted within the RSLinx SDNPT driver thread; there is a lot of information in need to be comprehended before any attempts to edit/configure a DeviceNet network should be commenced.

These units are 160 SSC speed drives. What is really confusing to me is how I know where the VFD data will be placed on the 1747-SDN data tables. For example which bit level on your M file should be the one to start the drive. Which one should be the one to stop the drive, etc. Which DWord is the one that is going to hold the feedback of the drive speed.

Last edited:
PowerFlex 40 specifically.

PS.

That last document you link has all the info I needed to see. Thanks very much.

Last edited: