Documenting communications data between multiple PLCs on paper

Multiple PLCs in our plant communicate using either MSG instructions or Produce/Consume. Is there an industry best practice for documenting this data on paper? Could someone share insights on the preferred documentation format used to effectively capture this information?

I don't know of the industry best practice. I guess you could simply open the Controller Tags and print to pdf (or hardcopy). Sort the tags your preferred way (by name, by datatype etc). You could then make this document part of a formal report if your company requires it

I've on occasion made a README routine that was filled with NOP rungs and typed that kind of information in the rung description. Its always accessible to whomever is debugging or adding stuff.