RS Logix 5K Documenting

In Logix 5000 rung comments on rungs with only a NOP may end up somewhere else after a while. Blank rows for multi-row rung comments may disappear.

Clarification:Debug

After reading all of the comments and responses I realized that I left out one critical piece of information that may help understand my intentions.

The comment practice that I referenced was used only for debugging the equipment during design and commisioning. These comments were removed completely once the machine was accepted by the customer. Again, this was a quick easy way for engineers to dive into code and find out if there were changes or mods for troubleshooting and know exactly who, when and why there was a change or modification.

When you are working on a project that lasts 6 months and have to rotate engineers on a 60 day basis because of visas this is a rather efficient way to keep track of what everyone is doing. This is not what the customer will ever see.