Does an addon instruction need external tag for output

mrgees100peas

Hi,

I'm creating a simple addon instructions with some inputs and outputs as you normally would (RSLogix 5000 version 20). When I add the instructions to a rung it asks me to put in a tag for the inputs and outputs. I understand the inputs but, why does it asks for the output. I don't want to use another tag for the output. I want the current instance of the addon instruction to be the output.

for example, imagine an addon instruction called WaterTank with an output parameter called Level. You instatiate 2 tanks and named them Tank1 and Tank2 using that add on. On another Rung you should be able to use Tank1.Level and Tank2.Level. However, in my editor each instance asks for a parameter tag so I guess i have to create another tag and put that in as in AnotherTank1.Level. What am I missing?

No worries- the term "required" isn't exactly intuitive that it means you must link to a tag instead of just type in a constant.