Does anyoneone know who makes this?

nehpets

Has anybody come across one of these in their travels? It appears to be controlling a 18Kw Quartz(halogen)IR heater bank, by full wave semi controlled SCR bridge rectifier giving 0-240Vdc to the heating elements conrolled by 0-20mA input from a PLC.

I can't find any manufacturers name or part no. except the MAP133, extensive goole searches have not been able to locate such a beastie.

Just to add the machine this is on was manufactured circa 1984.

I'm hoping someone recognises it.

Steve

Last edited:
Maybe replace it with something completely new.
Does it have to be rectified DC ? There are many SCR heating controllers, but they usually simply chop an AC voltage without rectifying.

I think it's either something made for a completely unrelated industry or a company that's gone under.

I don't think I've ever seen those as a three phase unit though. Last one I've seen in the field was from OMRON, if it helps finding a new part.

Hi I dont recognise the manufacturer. Like others have said I would suggest speaking to someone like Watlow to source an alternative, it is a generic device so any similar perfoming unit would work. Of course confirm the panel footprint is suitable also

I've run across a couple of SCR controllers in the past that were private labeled but were actually Watlow or Eurotherm. If you can open up the controller you might get an idea of who makes it with a stamp on the board.

Yup, thats my next step, this is an old machine but keeps going, management are not keen on changing stuff on it, they just want to replace like for like.

Thanks for all the help, will keep looking.

Steve