Does anything beat Wonderware?

I have dealt with Factory talk the most but I also enjoy preface and quick panels. I am currently.doing the training on ignition as a new client of mine has Ignition for scada from the Wells. And then ft view for the plant. Honestly they all have good and bad sides to me.

Rockwell, once a proud brand

Ahh yes, this will soon bloom into the Win/Apple or Android/IOS debate. Face it, the plethora of HMI software platforms are a response to poor product development/support/cost. If the FTVIEW cost $10, we would all have a license, unfortunately, we must weight cost/service vs ROI, so where is the value?

I choked down the WinVista debacle, after Win8, I fled to Linux and Apple. I choked down the FTVIEW 32-64 Win7 catastrophe, now we have Design Studio that works on Win7, but not Win10 (ask around, someone has it working).

Basically, if you are an OEM, you can purchase a great HMI tech support package and FTVIEW is a great buy, enjoy the software. If you are like me, a lowly bottom feeding end user, you must rely on great sites like PLCS.net.

:site: