does Citect use freeport mode in S7-200?

danghuyhoang

Dir sir!
I am using citect scada v5.50 and S7-200,cpu 215.Via PC/ppi cable ,i want to use citect to control that PLC,do i use freeport mode in plc?
Do I have used the freeport mode to talk to PLC, sending data information and receiving PLC status?
The sequence is something like this, (choose the SM locations to suit your port).

On first scan,
Initialise the Freeport Mode
Initialise the RCV Message Control Byte (Port, BAUD, Parity etc.)
Set the End of Message Character (try 16#0a - Line feed)
Set an Idle time-out (Try 5mS)
Set the maximum message length
Attach an interrupt to the receive complete event
Enable interrupts :)
Enable a RCV command on the port and specify your data buffer.

Thanks!

You don't have to do anything on the PLC side, only select the right driver in CitectSCADA and configure it according to the PLC setup. The only thing I usually have to change is the S7 address. Citect is not using freeport, but the PPI protocol itself.

Kind regards,

Dir sir!
I do not still comunicated citect with S7-200.May I must set the PPI protocol in PLC?.and when I used step7-MICRoWIN32 to communicate with S7-200,i see that My PLC's address is 2,PPI's address is 0.Must I set value 2 in address field of I\O port form?How many conditions to comunicate Citect with S7-200,In Citect ?In program of PLC?
Thanks

You only have to set the PPI address in Citect to 2. You don't have to change anything in the S7-200 itself. But you can only use one communication at a given time: or you use Step7 microWin or you use Citect. You can't use both at the same time.

The proceduresteps are included in the PDF document, as well as the resulting settings.

Kind regards,

PPI driver

Dir sir!
I send to you the thing which I do.
Please see them and correct something to be wrong for me.
I understand I do not have PPI point to point using serial port driver.
So Could you send PPI point to point using serial port driver and help file of that driver to me,please ?
Thanks for your help
Huy

Last edited:
Huy,

first of all, it's enough to post this info once. You don't have to maintain two threads about one and the same problem.

In the screenshot you've posted I can not find anything wrong. Therefor I think something else is the cause of your problems. Maybe some other program is using the same serial port, maybe your cable is not OK, or maybe the PLC is trying to use its port from within the PLC program. Neither of these possible causes can be excluded, not can I tell you if that is the reason or not sitting here on the other side of the world.

Sorry.

Kind regards,

S7-200 and Citect

Dir sir!
First of all, thanks for your help.I think There is onething wrong in my setting up communication.Your communication use "PPI point to point using serial port" in communication field.And My communication use "serial" in communication field. Is it the difference ?Therefore do I make mistake ?I send two file about two communication methods.
Regards,
Huy

Your communication use "PPI point to point using serial port" in communication field.And My communication use "serial" in communication field. Is it the difference ?
No. The screenshots are taken from a V5.10 installation. The SimPPI driver was not integrated in that version of Citect yet, so I had to enter the definition into the Expresswizard database myself. I simply used an other name for the driver than the one Citect uses nowadays.

Kind regards,

Dir sir
I am using Citect V5.50.You mean,"PPI point to point using serial port"="serial".Therefore , is there not anything wrong in my communication ?

Yes sir,The SimPPI driver was not integrated in that version of Citect V5.50 yet,so I had installed Simppi driver.How do you had to enter the definition into the Expresswizard database yourself?Must I do that ?

You mean,"PPI point to point using serial port"="serial".
Yes, that's a correct assumption.
Therefore , is there not anything wrong in my communication ?
Not as far as I can see from here.
How do you had to enter the definition into the Expresswizard database yourself?Must I do that ?
No, you must not. It is already entered there in version 5.50.

Kind regards,

Dear sir,
Thank you very much.I have communicated successfully.I am trying to communicate through Profibus DP.
Hope you well and get much luky.
Huy

Dir sir!
Please help me!I want to write (or read) a real number to VD332 in PLC S7-200.May I have used "tagwrite" function?How do I use that function?
Look forward.