Does Siemens S7-200 require a battery ?

Mohamed El

Hello Everyone

If a Siemens PLC does not contain the optional battery or if its battery is discharged, will we lose the program if the super cap is discharged (within 50 hours for CPU221)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Siemens PLC.jpg

The program is not lost of the battery and supercapacitor are discharged. Data fixed in the program is not lost, but memory data set to be retentive is lost.

Similar Topics

Dear Members, I'm facing a strange problem with a micro-automation project done in Siemens S7-1200 PLC. The small program I wrote compiles...
Replies
Views
Need some help here (again). I tried to download my HMI to the PLC and I get this error message about a missing file. Can anyone help?
Replies
Views
The picture attached relates to the properties for the F9 key. Does anyone know what 'object number' refers to? What does 'object number' mean...
Replies
Views
I am new to Siemens, and just looking into their HMI software. Does Siemens have a product similar to FactoryTalk View SE? I am looking to have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am sending data from a siemens 319-3PN/DP Plc with a Additional Cp343-1 card from the Plc to a remote BNR pc. I have configured 2 tcp...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom