Siemens S7-1200 CPU does not RUN

VoltSmith

Dear Members,

I'm facing a strange problem with a micro-automation project done in Siemens S7-1200 PLC. The small program I wrote compiles perfectly, and downloads successfully. But the CPU does not go into RUN mode. Diagnostics buffer shows "New startup inhibit information - Current CPU operating state: STOP". Also reports,
"Pending startup inhibit(s):
- HW configuration inconsistent (TIA portal activity)
- Manual warm start required."

I did the HW configuration alright, I know. Diagnostics status shows
"The loaded configuration and the offline project are not identical.
The online and offline module configuration data are different.
Order number: 6ES7 214-1AE30-0XB0
Configured order number: 6ES7 214-1AE30-0XB0"

The reported numbers are exactly same, I can't see why it's saying that the configurations are different. I tried to press the "RUN" button in online panel, I saw network activity in the CPU (Rx/Tx LEDs), RUN/STOP, Error, Maint LEDs blink. But the CPU does not start and repeats the above messages in diagnostics. I tried memory reset (MRES in online panel) also. Same result.

I also tried to download a new project. That also behaved in this way. Most importantly, I changed the CPU, and the new CPU also did this same thing, which surprised me very, very much.

Anyone experienced similar behavior? All helps are appreciated.

Regards
Rahul

Thanks much Wolverine for your time.

I did upload the existing project from the CPU to a new project in Step 7. However, that didn't solve the issue.

Try this, check your computer and see if you have a firewall active. When active the computer establishes minimum communications. For me norton firewall was active deactivating allowed me to upload the CPU configuration.

Have A Good Night
Tom

Wolverine, thanks again. I've checked my firewall settings. It was already OFF. I've disabled the anti-virus as well.

The bad news is I still cannot get the CPU running :(

My problem has been solved. It was a helpful member on the Siemens forum that guided me to the solution.

My problem was I downloaded some corrupted hardware config into the CPU. Recompiling the hardware list, and re-downloading it should have solved it right away. But I misunderstood the procedure.

I was under the impression that, when I edit the hardware configuration of the project, TIA portal automatically downloads this new hardware config into the CPU. If not automatically, then atleast during the next software download. But, that's not the case. I had to do "Compile ALL" and "Download ALL" to remove the offending config from the CPU and system is running fine now.

Thanks everyone for helping me out here.