Does the Compactlogix 1769-L30ER needs an AB Power Supply?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I need to replace a Micrologix 1400 L32BWA with 1 1762-OB16.

I had thought in a 1769-L30ER, 1 1769-IQ32 and 2 1769-OW16.

But, does this PLC needs a AB Power Supply?

Which Model can I Use?

In what position should I connect?

Or maybe Can I Use another CPU and I/O modules?

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Look at Page 12 of this document to see the differences in the CompactLogix models. The L1 or L2 might be a better fit than the L3.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/sg/1769-sg001_-en-p.pdf

The CompactLogix L1 and L2 series have built-in power supplies along with 16 digital inputs and 16 digital outputs. The L3 that you have suggested does require a separate power supply and it has no embedded I/O. We typically use the L3 and install the power supply immediately to the right of the CPU. It can be placed anywhere within the "chassis". Some modules have a requirement that they be placed no more than X slots from the power supply. For example, the L3 CPU must be within 4 modules of the power supply. You can move the power supply to accommodate these needs. So when necessary, we move the power closer to the middle of the chassis.

There are four power supplies to choose from. Two AC and two DC. The AC supplies are the 1769-PA2 (two amps) and the 1769-PA4 (four amps). The DC supplies are 1769-PB2 (two amp) and the 1769-PB4 (four amp). Add up the total current draw requirements for all modules and select the appropriate power supply.

OG

Hello

Initially, I had thought in a 1769-L16ER-BB1B and Point I/O modules.

But the local supplier has delevery time at least 5 months.

So, I am looking for AB models with less delevery time.

Thanks

Yes unfortunately delivery times for all vendors is an issue everyone is dealing with right now. Sometimes what they have in stock on the shelf is the best/only solution. :)

OG