Doosan Cobot to AB PLC

TheRooster

Hello all,

I have a Doosan cobot model M1013 I'm trying to get setup with a 1769-L16ER-BB1B for a welding application (Miller Auto-Continuum 500 if you're curious).

I can't find anything on setting up comms/everything on the plc side for these cobots. I have been unable to get on the doosan website at all for the past week, not sure why. Does anyone have any guides/videos they can link to, or just some basic info on setting up comms over ethernet?

Thanks all

Here is what I found with a quick search...https://www.universal-robots.com/articles/ur/interface-communication/ethernet-ip-guide/

Pull up the page and at bottom are links to sample programs

Universal Robots and Doosan are two separate companies.

A quick google tells me that Doosan does support Ethernet/IP, but I can't find if that is on the native ethernet port or whether you need an expansion card.

I have setup L16 to an Epson robot on E/IP, with Epson you need an expansion card for E/IP, you can do ModbusTCP on the native port. You create a generic ethernet module with the specs from the robot manufacturer for input, output assembly size.

Universal You create a generic ethernet module with the specs from the robot manufacturer for input, output assembly size.

Thanks, this is what I decided to do, I was able to find a UDT, so now I'm just going to create a generic module and hope for the best!