DOS USB-RS232 Converter

boswellw

Hi All,

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm trying as far as possible to consolidate my VM's for all legacy products. I currently have a TSX-17 that I need to connect to, but after getting the software working, it dawned on me I would need a DOS version of the USB->RS-232 driver for the converter I'm using.

Getting a driver to bind the USB ports in DOS shouldn't be too much of a struggle, but does anyone know of converters that supply DOS drivers for legacy support?

What I've had work fine is map the Host's USB converter com port (Say,COM8) to COM1 in VMWare itself. The converter is invisible to DOS this way, all it sees is a hardware port COM1 and VMWare takes care of the driver stuff.

Similar Topics

Hello. I actually still have a customer that has a 486 running a DOS program controlling a press. My task, convert it to an AB PLC and PV+. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a very old project (more than 20 years ago) made for a VT-570 I should open, mostly to understand which data are exchanged with...
Replies
Views
We have an older Nematron system we are working on and requires some software. The system uses DOS 6.22 and launches Screen Ware 2 software and...
Replies
Views
Hello: Does any body have experience with tools to simulate DoS attacks, especially attacks which can exploit typical vulnerabilities of...
Replies
Views
https://www.securityweek.com/vulnerability-exposes-rockwell-controllers-dos-attacks Am I missing something, this seems like a fairly trivial...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom