Doubts between PC to PLC

jimmyyct

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Can anyone tell me how to create a software from PC to control PLC.

For example, a filling machine.
I've a software and stored into PC and once i set the value or weight. The PLC will follow what i've set from the PC.

because different sizes barrel or bucket have different value. So, i would like to know how to create the software.

Please provide me some suggestion and tutorials.
Looking forward to your reply and hope to read your email soon.

What you are describing is a whole category of software called "Human Machine Interface" (HMI).

There are hundreds of HMI software packages with various degrees of cost and capability on the market.

I agree that one good first step is to state the make and model of PLC controller you are using, and describe more about the functions that you want the HMI software to perform.

I've a software and stored into PC, and once i set the value or weight, [t]he PLC will follow what i've set from the PC.
If I understand, you already have software stored into your Personal Computer, where you can set values and weights.

Now, do you want to change the software so that it can use different sizes of buckets or barrels?

If so, then tell us the name of your software, the name brand and model of your programmable logic controller, and then post a copy of the part of the program that you want to change.

Print your program to a PDF type of file and attach it to your next post.

What you are describing is a whole category of software called "Human Machine Interface" (HMI).

There are hundreds of HMI software packages with various degrees of cost and capability on the market.

I agree that one good first step is to state the make and model of PLC controller you are using, and describe more about the functions that you want the HMI software to perform.

Thanks for your information, I'll do some investigation on HMI.
I still preferred to use pc to control the PLC.
The connection, serial port from pc to PLC RS232 port.

I hope to create an installer to install into my pc and run it.

Hope to read your email again.
Thank you very much.

If I understand, you already have software stored into your Personal Computer, where you can set values and weights.

Now, do you want to change the software so that it can use different sizes of buckets or barrels?

If so, then tell us the name of your software, the name brand and model of your programmable logic controller, and then post a copy of the part of the program that you want to change.

Print your program to a PDF type of file and attach it to your next post.

No, I don't have the software. My client hope to upgrade their machine from manually to automatically. That's why we are suffering of the software. We hope to create an installer to run into a pc.
Once I installed the software, it will has an icon on the windows screen for us to click and run.

Please provide us some idea what software should we use to create this software?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much

Thanks for you guys..
Wish you all Happy New Year!!!
And wish you all this year will be better than last year...
Cheer!!!