Downloaded RS Logix 500 , now cannot open Rockwell Software"Error Logging Security"

Downloaded RS Logix 500 , now cannot open Rockwell Software"Error Logging Security"

I have RS Logix 5000 and Factory Talk View Studio , and it was running fine until I downloaded RS Logix 500. Now I cannot open any Rockwell Software.
I get " There was an error logging onto the Security Server , Unexpected error encountered when logging into the Security Authority". I never had an issue like this. Rockwell claims that I need to download the FactoryTalk Services Platform to repair this problem. Does this sound normal ? Also , do I run a risk of losing any programs. Does FactoryTalk Services Platform link everything ?

Thanks so much in advance.

Any time I add or upgrade any Rockwell component I cross my fingers and hope that the chaos it creates is minimal.

You *should* be able to install/upgrade the FT services without screwing up your existing programs and licensing info.

Also see if you can do a windows restore to just before the 500 install.

There's isn't much harm in getting the latest FT platform package, however.

Baker, Did you happen to install RSL 500 version 10.00.00?
I had to download and install the latest FT services and the rollup patches for everything to behave properly.

I had this happen on 2 computers. I had to uninstall FT Services Platform, then FT Activation Manager, then reinstall and it started working on both computers.

Quite often just repairing the FTSP will work - go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > FactoryTalk Service Platform > Change/Repair. You'll need to be able to point it to the install directory for the current version of the FTSP.

Otherwise, yes, uninstall and reinstall the FTSP and you should be good to go. I think from memory, if you download the latest version of RSLinx, it will contain the latest version of FTSP.

Thanks for your help. Yes , I tried the repair also , and it did not work. I was up till 10:30 last night working with Rockwell fixing these corrupted files. In your all experience , what causes these problems , usually ? It causes a lot of stress , knowing that you need these laptops to troubleshoot these machines on the run. I am sure it was something I did , in some way or another.

Thanks again