Downloading Program MicroLogix 1400

taylorICS

Hi Guys

When downloading a program using RSLogix 500. Is it possible to only download the program (ladder) instead of everything like all the data values etc.

I ask this because the machine has parameters that the user sets via the HMI. If I make a change to the PLC program at my workshop and visit their site and download an updated program it overwrites all their settings.

Cheers

I think it is normally not a good Idea to make changes, then dump your program on the existing machine.
As the 1400 can be programmed Online - why dont you do that

If you are lucky enough to have all the HMI-set data well organized (ideally in just a few Data Tables), the Tag Upload/Download Tool might help.

This is an OPC client utility that was included with RSLogix 5000, though you should be able to get it from RA Tech Support. It does need a licensed (OEM or better) version of RSLinx Classic.

The utility lets you upload the values of a set of tags (or SLC/PLC/MicroLogix Data Tables) temporarily onto your computer.

After you've uploaded the tag values, perform your program download using RSLogix 500, then perform the reverse operation with the Utility to restore those values into the controller.

Simple trick I use is to try and go online with the PLC before I download. You will get the upload or use an existing program option Popup. I then select to merge the existing program with my offline version that I made my changes to. Now I can download this program and keep the latest data.

Other option is to use online editing and just add the code you want that way. You can do online editing with the Micro Logic 1400.