Drive upgrade 1336-powerflex 70

peoplehouse

Hello fellows,
I want to upgrade a 25 HP drive on a slat shoe sorter that is currently using an outdated A/B 1336 to a Powerflex 70. I haven't done much research on the wiring yet but the PLC-5 sends data to a mini remote 1771-??BB I/O.
I guess my question is are there any major changes (comms, adapters or logic changes) that I need to be aware of other than programming the drive?
Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. (we have to stay with A/B which is fine with me.)

Thank you,
Jeff

Why the upgrade?
Upgraded PLC so now you have to upgrade VFD to get better communicaion and or control?
If it is running OK leave it alone?
Are you preparing for future when something breaks?

No we still use PLC5 but we had to use our spare 1336 because of failure and now have no backup. A/B still makes a 1336f that will probably be discontinued soon, so I figured we should get into the 21st century and upgrade to the PF-70. The 1336 survived 10 yrs running up to 24/7. Great product but it would be funner to install and program a new drive instead of purchasing the same outdated drive and just downloading the parameters.

We have about 40-50, 25 HP 1336's at my site, we started migrating about two years ago. Many of the 1336's are/were the "classic" model. A new PF70 is cheaper than a replacement board. I have not encountered any issues with the migration. I just call up the "drive" guy at my local AB rep. I give him the exact model number of the old 1336, and he specs. out the replacement, so far no hassles. I'm guessing your current drive is connected to the PLC as RIO, haven't did one of those yet.